Monday, February 18, 2008

Presidents' Day Weekend

Jordan is out of town for the weekend snowboarding with his family in Salt Lake. Trey and I stayed home since I can't board and Trey is too young. We hung out with my family for most of the weekend.

My dad is in a camera club and their next assignment for competition are pictures of "hands". I took a pottery class my freshman year in college (11 years ago, yikes!!) so he bought some clay, borrowed a pottery wheel and had me throw some pots for some pictures. It was fun, but I am WAY out of practice. If you know anything about throwing pots, you probably can tell mine are terrible. Oh well.
Every Sunday we eat dinner at my parents. Trey is just in that state where he is really picky about when and what he eats. Especially since his cousin Drew is there, he would much rather play instead of eat. This Sunday, after dinner, as the dishes were being done, he finally decided to have a snack. He found a fork and a knife with some chocolate pie left on it, so he helped himself! (He's also learning to say "cheese" for the camera.)

On Monday, Trey, Drew, my parents, and I went out to Lake Mead to feed the ducks and the fish. It was a long drive for a short activity, but the boys loved it.

6 comments:

Matt and Shannon said...

Your hair looks really cool in the B&W pics - I need something new, but I can't do the new mom short hair cut... I just can't fall into the stereotype! Well, glad you have joined us in the blogging world - it is really fun! I will have to add you to our lists of favorites so other people in the ward can link to you too.

Perry Family said...

YEAH!!!! Blogging is so addicting! Glad to be able to keep in touch too! Congratulations on your pregnancy! That is so exciting. I'm still bummed that we didn't make it to your halloween party...4 months ago! We don't see much of you guys anymore, especially now that our husbands are out of school! I guess that's the only downfall to graduating. Blogging will make up the difference!

Anonymous said...

Luv - I think you should clarify that you CAN board, just that given your current status you are unable to. In other words, my wife can shred.

Kara said...

Hey Janel! Good to hear from you. Every time I see Trey he looks so much older, even in those pictures. I've never seen him with such a "cheesy" smile. Nathan loves to say "cheese" for the camera too! We really need to get together for a play date one of these days. Hope you are feeling better.

Marleen said...

I took a pottery class in 6th grade, talk about long ago. I haven't done it since. Your dad's photos are inspiring me to want to take another class. You look really good. I'm excited to check up with your family blog. Hope you don't mind if I link your blog on my site.

Anderson's said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy , I had no clue. Two kids is a lot of work, but so much fun. Kathryn is a little slow on computers, but she does need to do a blog. I will let Jeff know about Jordan's blog he will love that.