Sunday, April 27, 2008

Fun times

Water. Trey likes the stuff WAY too much. He was in the spa with Jordan, Dennis, and Drew and just about turned into a raisin.

Oh, and he has learned to climb through the doggy door.

Life is SO MUCH more fun at

Grandma and Grandpa's house!

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Team Chasqui

Way to go Jordan! Jordan, my brother, Warren, and brother-in-law, Morgan, ran a 10K (6.2 miles) out at Lovell Canyon (which is 1/2 way to Pahrump) this morning. Since I won't be going to the big race in June, it was fun to support them coming through the finish line today. Great job runners! You all did an awesome job.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Wasatch Back Relay

Jordan here. So, it turns out that whenever I work frantically and stress and fret to meet a deadline at work, I always end up finishing early and with very little left on my plate. Such is my situation this afternoon at work, so I'm writing about something I think is cool.

It must have been back in January when I caught wind of this crazy race series called the Ragnar Relay. Ragnar is a series of seven separate 12-person running relays that are held at various times during the year in various parts of the country: Washington State, Texas, Florida, Arizona, Wisconsin/Minnesota, Washington D.C. and Utah. Needing to get in shape, but being unable to just run for no reason, I set this race as a goal and a means to make me run and assembled a 12-person team which is currently training for the Utah Wasatch Back race on June 20-21.

So here's how it works: The race is a 178-mile relay race from Logan, UT to Park City, UT. It is divided into 36 legs which are covered by 12 runners. Each runner runs three legs, each leg ranging in difficulty, elevation change and between three and eight miles. Each team member has a number (1-12) which dictates the order in which they run. For example, Runner #1 will run legs 1, 13 and 25. Runner #2 runs legs 2, 14 and 26, etc. You get the point. So the race begins on Friday, June 20, we run through the night and finish in Park City sometime Saturday afternoon, June 21. Then we get our swerve on in Park City.

Once I decided I was going to do this, I basically just invited anyone I could think of that had any running experience (or not): friends, friends at work, friends of friends, friends of Janel....ANYONE! We ended up with a sweet team that I think is going to be very successful in this nutty race. My brother Morgan, who is also running on the team (and who is one of our strongest runners), came up with the apropos name of Team Chasqui for our team name.

The fact that I am preparing for this race will possibly answer several questions that you may have been asking yourself:

Q: Jordan, why are you limping everywhere you go and acting like you are in constant pain?
A: As a matter of fact, the constant pain thing is only 75% exaggeration, contrary to what many might think. The other 25% is actual pain caused by the shin splints that presented themselves soon after I began training.

Q: Jordan, why does your hair look like the ugliest mop that these two eyes have ever beheld?
A: Being the handsomest person that I know got old, and I am now seeing just how ugly I can make myself. Actually, I am trying to get my hair long enough to look like the brash, charismatic and legendary runner, Steve Prefontaine.

Q: But Jordan, Steve Prefontaine has a mustache in this picture. It would take you a decade to grow anything that even slightly resembles facial hair.
A: Good point. I will have to wear a fake one during the race.

Q: Jordan, if you are doing all this running, why are you still fat?
A: I don't know, but thank you for reminding me.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Disneyland, again!

We are trying to use our annual passes as much as possible before the summer crowds (and before I have the baby). So, my mom, sister, and I, along with the kids drove down to Cali. for a few days of Disneyland. Here's a few fun pictures.

Everyone loves a hot Churro!

I think we hit a record and only had one each for the day.

My mom and sister take Trey on the rides that go in circles.

I don't do those rides when I'm pregnant.

Trey and Drew fighting over the steering wheel.

And last, but not least, Trey, on the verge of delirium. It took us about 8 hours to get home to Vegas. We had so much bad luck and backed up traffic. A total nightmare of a drive, but a fun trip overall.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Water fun

Who needs expensive toys when all you really need to do is give your kid a bowl of water and some utensils? So what if this was a little bit of water waste, Trey was entertained for over an hour. (Please excuse our hideous, unlandscaped backyard. We're working on it, okay?)