Sunday, June 29, 2008

Run, run, as fast as you can; you can't catch me, I'm a CHASQUI man!

Well, they did it! The Chasqui team completed their 12 man, 180 mile relay run through the Wasatch mountains in Utah.... and they are all still alive! We, the spouses, are so proud of what they did. It was hard, tiring, hot (and cold at times), and a whole lot of work, but they did it. And, they are even saying they want to do it again next year!! Here's a few of the brave runners who "Ran. Drove. Slept? Repeated." Trey and I wish we could have been there to give our support, but it wasn't possible. We can't wait for next year though!!

Jordan
Morgan, Jordan's brother
Warren, my brother
Dad, faithful van driver and photographer
Dennis, my brother-in-law

Mason, my youngest brother

6 comments:

Marleen said...

Congrats. That is so cool. I'm curious how a race like that is set up. Does it go through the night? I would assume so but I've never looked into a relay race like that. Let me know if you can.

Jessica Duff said...

I love the title of the post, it's perfect. Next year we should write that on the vans!

Perry Family said...

That looks so fun...but lots of training and work!! What a neat race to participate in.

J.B. said...

Marleen - The race itself is a logistical miracle. Imagine getting 545 teams of 12 from Logan, UT all the way to Park City. In answer to your question, there are 12 runners on each team, and each runner has three "legs" of the race to run. Each leg is between 3-8 miles. You start at a specific time, run all through the night and finish the next day. It's tough and painful, but a very cool experience.

Carl and Tami said...

Congrats~ That is quite an accomplishment.

Belinda said...

Good job Jordan (and Morgan)! There's an ultra race in Northern Arizona (I forget the name) Its 50 miles and you have 24 hours to finish it. Want to try that one?!