Monday, January 11, 2010

Nursery & Primary

On the same Sunday, Trey started Primary and Tally started Nursery! Trey was very excited to go where the big kids go, and be able to sing songs and listen to stories. However, when he walked in that primary room, saw his new teachers, who he didn't know, he freaked out, had a bit of a melt down, and clung onto Jordan's leg and wouldn't let go. Jordan finally peeled Trey off and gave him to his teacher. I checked in on him later, peeking through the primary room door, and he was doing just fine, but still sitting on his teacher's lap.

Tally went into Nursery just fine. However, when Jordan picked her up, she took one look at him, her bottom lip curled, quivered, and she started bawling. I think she finally realized that we had left her there, by herself, for the last two hours. All her emotions and stress came out right then. Then she saw me in the hall and started crying again. Wow... what an emotional day! Hopefully next week will be a little more fun and a lot less crying for both kids.

Here they are after church on their special day.

7 comments:

Jessica Duff said...

Love all the updates! Trey & Tally look so cute, and so grown up!

Hayley said...

holy crap, i can't believe Tally is already in nursery!!!

both of them are so cute & getting so big!

Christi said...

I am sure that they will love it. Just give it a while!!! I love that sweater Tally had on!

Kara said...

Cute picture! I can't believe Tally is old enough to be in Nursery. Nathan cried on Sunday at the beginning of Primary too. I didn't think he'd do that, but he was fine after a few minutes.

Perry Family said...

WOW, both moved on in the same day!! I bet you were loving having those two hours to yourself! I love all your updates and how fun to go to the beach for thanksgiving! I'm so excited that Trey can ski already. I've been itching to get on the slopes lately but being 7 months prego, looks like this winter is out, and i know mark won't dare go without me. I'm planning on taking Bryanna and Maddox out on the slopes next winter!!

Alyssa said...

That picture of Tally looking at Trey is too adorable!

Chels Allred said...

that picture is SO CUTE!