Monday, January 4, 2010

Vail

Usually, on Christmas Day afternoon we start our drive to Vail, CO. But, this year, Jordan and I decided to leave on the 26th and make the big trip in one day. By the end of the 10 hour drive we were all going a little stir-crazy, but it really wasn't too bad. We were able to relax and enjoy Christmas Day a little longer, and we didn't have to spend one extra night away from home.

Vail was amazingly fun, as usual. There was not much snow on the mountain when we got there, but a couple of storms came through which provided some awesome skiing and snowboarding. Last year, after having Tally just 5 months previous, and still nursing, I only made it out to the slopes one half day. But this year, I went out 2 half days and one full day. It was so much fun and after having lost some weight since last December, I felt much better on my board.

Trey started ski school this year too. Yes, it's amazing that 3 year olds can start to learn to ski! He went four full days. He was always a little sad in the mornings to leave us, but he pretty much had a blast. He can now hold a good wedge and stop on his skis! He's pretty proud of himself. Hopefully we'll be able to put him in ski school a couple more times this season to keep the progress going. (Yes, we would like him to snowboard eventually, but snowboard school doesn't start until they are 5 years old.) Thanks Richard and Carole for such an amazing trip!




2 comments:

Kara said...

Nice updating Janel! I would love to look at your blog book one of these days. I really like how you do your collages and pictures? Are you pretty good with Photoshop? I just got it for Christmas and I don't even know where to start. Anyways, sounds like you had a great Christmas and a great time in CO. I'm jealous of that for sure. And you are looking great. Good job!

Donna said...

WOW! You sure have been updating your blog, haven't you? Glad to see all that you guys have been up to. Talk to you soon!