Sunday, March 30, 2008

A couple of firsts

This weekend Trey had some "firsts"! He went to his first movie, in a theater! On Saturday my sister and her husband wanted to take their son, Drew, to a movie to celebrate his 3rd birthday. We were invited days earlier, but waited until the last minute to decide if we should attempt it or not. We did, and Trey was wonderful! Not to say that this is a new thing for us... I think Trey is still a little young, but the movie and the timing was just right. We saw the movie "Horton Hears a Who" which was so cute. My sister and I grew up watching an old cartoon version of the book, so we were just as excited as the kids to see the new version. The movie was at 10:30 a.m. and Trey had a bucket of popcorn, (refer to earlier post) which made everything perfect. He didn't talk or make noise, he didn't get bored and start wandering around; he just sat in either my or Jordan's lap and watched the "bidio" (video). It was really a lot of fun. He did fall asleep about the last 5 minutes though.


Then, on Sunday, Trey and I were looking at some family pictures on my computer. I asked him, "Who's that?" pointing to a picture of me. He said "Mommy". Then the same question with Jordan's picture, which he answered, "Daddy!" And then (here comes the "first") I said, "Who's that?" pointing to a picture of him. He pointed his finger at his own chest and said, "Trey". Wow!! That's the first time I've heard him say his own name. So cute. Just an exciting moment for a mom.

4 comments:

Jessica Duff said...

You are brave to attempt a movie, I don't think that there's anyway Cooper would go for that. It's so cute that Trey says his own name now, that's really exciting.

the duffsters said...

Trey's first movie! haha...that so fun! I can't believe he sat through the whole thing, what a good kid!

Marleen said...

Oh, maybe I'll try that movie with Nora. Trey is so cute. What a smart boy.

Perry Family said...

I'm so jealous! I took Bryanna to go see that movie when it first came out, and she was good for the first half and the second she was a pill, but it was a day with no nap!! I just love when they start saying new words and then it suddenly turns into sentences!! How wonderful for him to know his own name!!