Monday, March 3, 2008

When it rains, it pours... well maybe not in Vegas

It only sprinkles here... occasionally. But that's not the point. It seems like not much has been going on lately; life has been a little slow since Christmas. But then, all of a sudden, 20 things are on going on all at once, or in one weekend that is. (Okay, not 20, but lots.) Now that I'm feeling a little better (still on medication) and have the energy to get out of the house, life starts to pick up the pace.

Saturday morning I went to a bridal shower for Lissa Hale, which was fun. I love getting to see old friends and catching up. I came home to grab Jordan and Trey and we were off to fit in some needed shopping before the rebel game. Then, straight to the game to meet up with the Carters and the Mehrs. It was a great game by the way. Go Rebels!! (Check out Jordan's Rebel Blog for all the details.) At the game we found that Trey not only loves popcorn, but is somewhat obsessed with it. As the game ended, half the bucket was still full, so he clenched his fingers around the container and wouldn't let go. We had to take it home with us. We then went to dinner at Metro Pizza (an old time fav.) and enjoyed the rest of the night with family and friends. A fun, but exhausting day for my weak pregnant body.


Sunday brought more fun, but more exhaustion. We have church at 9:00 a.m., which is way too early for me. Jordan is the ex. secretary in the ward, so he has early meetings... which leaves me to get myself and Trey ready for church without his help. (I don't know how I'll do this with two kids, come this summer.) It was Trey's first day of nursery, so were were very excited. Things went well! They said he fussed for a minute at the beginning, after I left, but was fine the rest of the time.

After church we came home, cleaned house for awhile, then headed to my brother's ward for their baby's blessing at 2:00. Warren gave a wonderful blessing to their baby boy named Parker. After that, we came home, picked up the house a little more, then everyone came over to our house for dinner in honor of Parker. It was a lot of fun with a lot of great food to eat. Another busy, but great day. (Jordan decided that he had attended about 6 hours of church.)

6 comments:

Kara said...

Yeah for Nursery! That's great that he did so well on his first week. We were out of town this week, so he'll have Nathan in there with him next time.

J.B. said...

Funny how he has a cold the day after going to nursery for the first time...

Perry Family said...

WOW, what a weekend! It does seem that everything happens all at once, but at least you get it out of the way! How fun to host your family and friends for Parker's baby blessing! I'm jealous, I wish I could fit tons of people in my house for special events! I love you park pictures too!

Marleen said...

Okay, I'm usually the last to find out. I had no idea that you were pregnant. Congrats. Congrats on planning it so Trey is in nursery and time enough for him to adjust also. We are excited to be going to Lissa's reception. We hope to see you there.

Jessica Duff said...

Congrats on nursery! It must be so nice, I can't wait for Cooper to start nursery except for all of the runny noses.

Marleen said...

You have been tagged so check out my blog to see what you need to do.